It is so exciting to buy a new home, but we know it can also be stressful. SECU's team of local, dedicated mortgage professionals are here to help you through every step of the home buying process.
We offer different mortgage solutions based on your unique needs. Contact a SECU Mortgage Loan Officer to discuss your options and get pre-approved.
100% Financing – No down payment
Large down payments can be a significant obstacle to homeownership. SECU offers a 100% financing solution to responsible borrowers who are ready to buy their dream home, but don’t have the down payment.
- Good credit
- Purchasing primary residence
- No other real estate owned
- Contribute $1000 or 1% of the sale price (whichever is less)
FHA - Low down payment
FHA (Federal Housing Authority) loans are insured by the federal government and have more flexible requirements for down payments, income qualifications and closing cost contributions.
- Low down payment requirement of 3.5%
- Available in 15- or 30-year fixed rate mortgages
- For purchase or refinance of primary residence only
HomeReady® - Low to moderate income
Fannie Mae’s HomeReady program is a government backed loan designed for creditworthy borrowers with low to moderate incomes.
- Down payments as low as 3%
- Roommates and relatives may help you qualify
Fixed Rate Mortgage - Predictable monthly payments
Fixed rate mortgages are one of the most popular mortgage options, and offer predictable monthly payments for the life of your loan. We offer fixed rate loans from $10,000 up to $453,100.
- Can qualify for up to 95% of purchase price on single family homes
- Varying loan-to-value options for 2nd homes and investment properties
Adjustable Rate Mortgage - Low interest rate
An Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) is best for borrowers who plan to be in their homes for a relatively short time and who want to take advantage of current interest rates.
- Lock-in rate for 3, 5, 7 or 10 year terms
- Typically offers lower interest rates than other mortgages
Jumbo Mortgage – Large loan amount
Jumbo mortgages are designed for loans from $453,100 to $2 million.
- For refinance of primary residence only
MD Loan – For medical professionals
SECU's MD Loan is specifically designed to provide favorable terms to members of the medical community. We’ll work around your busy schedule to make the process convenient.
- Down payment as low as 5%
- No Private Mortgage Insurance required
Click the Get Started button to get pre-approved for financing.*
*Clicking the link above will send you into our online application process. After you fill out the application form, a Mortgage Loan Officer (Originator) will contact you within 2 business days to inform you if your application has been approved or if additional information is needed. If you have immediate questions, get in touch with a Mortgage Loan Originator near you.