To get you through the application process as quickly as possible, let us know if you are already a member.
There are lots of ways you may be eligible.
SECU is for all sorts of Marylanders, not just state employees. You may be eligible through work, the college you attended, an organization you’re affiliated with, or other ways.
Find Your SECU Connection
Eligibility via your employer (current or past)
Eligibility via a Maryland state agency or other organization
Don’t see your SECU connection above? Don’t worry. You can still join SECU through a one-time donation to the SECU MD Foundation.
Member for Life
Once you join SECU, you’re a member for life, as long as you maintain at least a $10 balance in your Share Savings Account – even if you change jobs or move away.
You can join today by opening a deposit account online.
- Employees of Bank at Work partner companies
- Employees of organizations located in Maryland that receive federal, state or local funding
- Alumni, full and part-time students, faculty and staff of University System of Maryland schools
- Maryland state employees; full and part-time, permanent, contractual, former and retired
- Past and present employees of a labor union representing state employees
- Anne Arundel County employees
Employers: Want to offer the benefits of SECU membership to your employees? Visit our Bank At Work page for details and the benefits of enrolling your organization.