To get you through the application process as quickly as possible, let us know if you are already a member.
Card Conversion Need to Knows
Prepare for a Credit Card Upgrade
We are pleased to announce that SECU is partnering with a new credit card processor to improve the features and benefits of our SECU Visa® credit cards. Because of this upgrade, all current SECU Visa® credit cardholders were sent a new credit card with a new card number.
The new credit cards will offer 24/7 credit card support, new tools to help cardholders manage their card and spending, and improved fraud prevention technology for safer and more secure spending. Plus, this new partnership will allow us to implement the latest technology as it becomes available.
To ensure a smooth transition to the new card, cardholders should note the following critical information.
Payment and Card Services Information
Credit Card Payments
There are several ways you can pay your credit card bill right now:
- Via SECU’s online or mobile banking app. If you do not have an online account with SECU yet, you can easily sign up for one to manage your credit card account online. Anyone who is on your account, even a joint holder, can do this.
- Your payment date will not change.
- If you had an automatic payment previously set up in online banking, you will need to reset that automatic payment.
- Call the phone number on the back of your credit card (800-344-6501) to make a payment over the phone.
- Mail in your payment to:
P.O. Box 2711
Omaha, NE 68103-2711
- Visit any SECU Financial Center to make a payment.
If you have your payment sent electronically from a non-SECU financial bill pay system, please be sure to update the card number and mailing address.
Cards can be activated easily by calling the phone number on the card sticker. If you’ve already removed the sticker, please call the number below:
- For standard Visa, please call 800-344-6501
- For Signature Visa, please call 800-344-6508
- If you’re not sure which one to call, you can also just use the number on the back of your card.
Transaction History and Historical Statements
After the credit card conversion, you will also not have access to historical statements. Please download any statements that you need to access prior to September 18. After that date, you can contact SECU’s member services for past statements.
Accessing New Statements
Your electronic credit card statements will now be sent from email@example.com. Once the conversion happens you will visit a new website to access your credit card e-statements.
Bill Payments/Recurring Transactions
If you use your credit card to automatically pay recurring bills (i.e., electric, insurance, cable) or recurring subscription accounts (Amazon, EZPass, gym memberships, etc.), please be sure to update your account with your new credit card number, payment address (noted above), and other information after you activate your new card.
If you have credit card alerts, these will not transfer to your new card. Once you activate your new credit card, please reestablish alerts for that card.
The new credit card offers brand new credit card controls, including turning your card on and off, setting spending alerts, viewing spending insights, setting a travel plan, and managing your PIN.
You will not lose your current rewards, and there is no change to how you earn rewards. If you have a Cash Back card, your cash back rewards will appear in points, but will convert to cash back when you redeem them. In addition, ACH credit to accounts will no longer be available. To access reward information, navigate to the card services tab, select card management and then click on rewards. Please note: Rewards points will be available on 10/13.
Update your mobile wallet with your new SECU Visa® credit card information once you activate your new card for continued quick, easy, and secure checkout. Please note: Mobile wallet will be unavailable for up to a month after activating your new card. During this time, please use your physical card to make payments.
Credit Card Support
With your new credit card, you’ll enjoy 24/7 credit card support, including fraud related support. Simply call 800-344-6501 for assistance.
Business Credit Cards
After the conversion, business members will have access to an online portal designed specifically to meet unique business needs.
Each authorized signer on business cards will receive a new SECU Visa® business credit card with a unique credit card number. The cards can be activated on or after September 18.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I receiving a credit card?
SECU is changing our credit card processor to better serve your needs. This change requires that a new card be issued.
What should I do when I receive my new card?
To activate your card:
- Call the number on the sticker from the primary phone number on your account.
- Be prepared to answer a few security questions based on the primary cardholder’s information.
- Destroy your old SECU Visa credit card. It will no longer work after September 17, 2023.
- Reestablish any automatic bill payments with merchants.
- Add your new SECU Visa credit card to your mobile wallet Please note: Mobile wallet will be unavailable for up to a month after activating your new card. During this time, please use your physical card to make payments.
Will I need to create a new PIN number so I can access cash with my new credit card?
Yes, however this is only necessary if you plan on taking cash advances from your card. You may select your unique PIN by calling the number on the activation label and by saying ‘Select PIN’ or ‘Change PIN.’
Should I update my card information anywhere I’ve saved it?
Yes. Your new card has a new number, expiration date, and security code. On or after September 18, 2023, you’ll need to update your credit card information anywhere it’s used for automatic/recurring payments and mobile wallets.
- Bill payments/recurring transactions: If you use your credit card to automatically pay recurring bills (i.e., electric, insurance, cable) or recurring subscription accounts (Amazon, EZPass, gym memberships, etc.), please be sure to update your account with your new credit card number, payment address (SECU Visa, P.O. Box 2711, Omaha, NE 68103-2711, and other pertinent information after you activate your new card.
- Mobile wallet: Update your SECU Visa® credit card in your mobile wallet for continued quick, easy, and secure checkout. Please note: Mobile wallet will be unavailable for up to a month after activating your new card. During this time, please use your physical card to make payments.
Will there be any changes to my monthly statement?
Yes. Your electronic credit card statements will now be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my interest rate change as part of this conversion?
No. Your interest rate and other terms in your account will not change.
I have a Rewards Visa® credit card. Will there be any changes to my rewards?
You will not lose your current rewards, and there is no change to how you earn rewards. Please note: Reward information will be available on 10/13.
My existing card does not expire for quite a while; can I continue using my existing card until expiration?
No. Your existing card will not work after 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 17, 2023.
My spouse and I both have a SECU Visa credit card, but I only received one card in the mail. Will my spouse be receiving a new card?
Yes, as a security feature, all cards being issued with this conversion will have a unique number and will arrive separately, including joint and authorized user cardholder accounts. However, you will continue to receive only one billing statement, regardless of the number of cards on the account.
What do I need to do if I have preauthorized or recurring payments that are tied to my current SECU Visa credit card?
To ensure there is no interruption with recurring or preauthorized payments (such as monthly utility bills, insurance payments, club dues, etc.) contact the merchant as soon as possible with your new card number and expiration date.
Will I need to send my payment to a new location after the conversion?
Yes. The new address will be included on your statements. If you pay this bill through online bill payment, you will need to update the mailing address to SECU Visa, P.O. Box 2711, Omaha, NE 68103-2711, to ensure that your payment reaches the processor by your due date. If you pay this bill by check, include your payment stub with your check and mail to SECU Visa, P.O. Box 2711, Omaha, NE 68103-2711.
I set-up my monthly credit card payment as an automatic ACH transfer, payroll deduction, or recurring transfer. Do I have to make any changes?
To ensure there is no interruption in automated payments, contact the provider of this service (i.e., another bank or bill pay service) as soon as possible, with your new card number and payment address, which is SECU Visa, P.O. Box 2711, Omaha, NE 68103-2711. If you had an automatic payment set up in online banking (EzCard), you will need to reset that automatic payment.
Will my previous card history transfer to my new card so that I have access to the information if needed?
You will not be able to access statements or transaction history online after September 18, 2023. If you need a statement after the conversion date, you can call SECU’s member support.
Will the fraud security alert phone number change?
Yes. The new number will be 1-833-763-2013. This is also the number that will appear on your caller ID if we need to contact you regarding possible fraud activity involving your account.
Who should I contact for support?
With your new credit card, you’ll enjoy 24/7 credit card support. Simply call 1-800-344-6501 for assistance.
Will I still have access to my account in EzCard?
No, you will no longer be able to access ezcardinfo.com as of September 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. You will be able to view your account information in SECU’s online banking site.
For members who have an active SECU Visa® credit card account prior to July 31:
- August 28 – September 4: New cards were mailed to all cardholders. For joint cardholder accounts, each joint and authorized cardholder received a card with a unique number for security purposes.
- September 18: Activate your new credit card and begin using it. You will have to select a new PIN at the time of activation. You can also update your recurring payments at this time. To set a PIN, you must call the say select PIN when dialing the activation number. A PIN is only needed for accessing cash through an ATM. PLEASE NOTE: Your existing card was deactivated at 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 17, and you will no longer be able to use it. You must activate your new card in order to use your SECU Visa® credit card.