On July 1, 2021 members will no longer be able to open a new Premier or Choice Checking account. We’re making checking simple by converting all checking accounts held by our members into one program, the new SECU Total™ Checking & Rewards. If you currently have a checking account, you will automatically be converted over to SECU Total™ Checking & Rewards by October 2021. Learn more by clicking the button below.
If you are new to SECU and would like to sign up for a new checking account, you can also learn more and get started below.
SECU Total™ Checking & Rewards
Premier Interest Checking
SECU's most robust checking account, Premier Checking is ideal for those who use multiple digital banking channels and receive Direct Deposit of their paycheck.
Manage your finances on your terms with a full suite of digital banking tools including mobile apps, digital wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.), online banking, and more!
Premier Checking also features :
- Our best interest rate
- No SECU fee for foreign ATM transactions
- Free checks
- Monthly fee of $9.00 waived with any of the following:
- Direct Deposit, Online Statements, and Active Bill Pay* OR
- Maintain a $10,000 average monthly combined deposit and loan balance**
Choice Interest Checking
Our most popular account; Choice Checking members use SECU for their everyday banking.
With Choice Checking, you get a variety of digital banking tools, including mobile banking, digital wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.), online banking, bill pay, and many more tools to manage your finances.
Choice Checking also includes:
- Daily interest
- No fee for foreign ATM withdrawals
- Monthly fee of $7.00 waived with either of the following:
- Direct Deposit and Online Statements OR
- Maintain a $1,000 average monthly combined deposit and loan balance**
See details for existing Premier and Choice checking account here.
* Nearly all your SECU deposit and loan balances are considered when determining the Relationship Rewards minimum balance. SECU calculates combined balances based on the average balance you had in a deposit account during your statement period and your outstanding loan balances. For Visa credit card, Home Equity Line of Credit and Preferred Line of Credit, rewards are based on your balance, not the amount of your credit line. If you fall below the minimum combined balance, a monthly fee will be assessed unless you have SECU Preferred Services. "Active Bill Pay use" means making at least one electronic payment using SECU's Bill Pay service every 60 days. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Deposits federally insured by NCUA.
** Loans subject to credit approval. Interest rate discounts apply when monthly payments are deducted automatically from a SECU checking account. If the account is closed or if the automatic payment is cancelled at any time after the account is opened, the rate will increase.