To get you through the application process as quickly as possible, let us know if you are already a member.
Your account number can be located:
- On your statements
- Within Online Banking
- On the bottom of your checks
Your account balance is the total amount of money that is currently in your account, including all funds engaged in holds and pending transactions.
Your available balance is the total amount of money in your account that is accessible for purchases and withdrawals. This number does not include held or pending funds, checks that have not been cashed, deposits that have yet to post.
Overdraft fees are determined using your available balance.
There is no limit to the number of accounts you may open with SECU!
No. You are the only one who can see your account balances.
If you suspect your SECU accounts have been compromised, contact SECU immediately at 800-879-7328.
Funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $500.00 of your deposit will be available on the same day of your deposit.
Review our Funds Availability Policy for specific information on deposit availability.
Deposits at SECU are insured by the National Credit Union Association. The NCUA is a U.S. government agency that allows Credit Union members up to $250,000 of insurance per individual depositor.
Yes, we do accept coin deposits. To get your coins counted you will need to schedule an appointment and let our coin machines do the work for you.
To change the name on your accounts, please schedule an appointment. Bring the following documentation:
- An updated government-issued ID
- Legal name change documents (ex. marriage certificate or divorce decree)
An insufficient funds fee (sometimes referred to as a nonsufficient funds fee or NSF fee) can occur when a member does not have the available funds in their checking account to cover the entirety of the transaction they are trying to make.
An uncollected funds fee can occur when there are pending deposits or withdrawals on an account like a personal check or a debit card transaction that has yet to clear. If a member tries to make a purchase that is larger than their available balance, a fee will be assessed. SECU cannot guarantee funds that have not cleared.
Follow the steps below:
- Log in to Online Banking or the mobile app
- If you do not see the “Travel Notification” widget, click or tap the “More” widget from the left-hand navigation
- Select “Travel Notification”
- Choose the SECU cards you plan to travel with
- Select the Country (and state if applicable)
- Enter the date of your travels
- Fill in the contact fields
- Click or tap “Submit”
For your travels in other countries, please refer to our Foreign Transaction Fees.
Follow the steps below:
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click the profile drop-down in the top right corner of your screen
- Click “Messages”
- Click “Compose”
- Choose a subject
- Select an account if your message is account specific
- Type your message
- If you would like to attach files, click the “Attach Files” link
- Click “Send Message”
To ask questions or get support regarding your account, schedule a virtual appointment.