VA Mortgages for Those That Serve
SECU thanks all of our service members that risk their lives to protect our nation, making personal sacrifices for our freedom and liberty. To give back, we are offering VA Mortgages designed exclusively for active duty military, veterans, and their surviving spouses.
Benefits of a VA Mortgage:
- No down payment requirements
- Pay no Mortgage Insurance
- Competitive rates from our member-owned Maryland credit union
- 15, 20, or 30 year term
- No prepayment penalty
- Streamline Refinance of an existing VA loan (IRRRL)
Your Service Deserves our Best Service – and Rates
- We are 100% local. The military demands quick decisions and action. When you’re ready to buy, our underwriting, processing, and loan servicing are all local so we can get you into your new home faster.
- Concierge-level service. Your designated two-person Mortgage Loan team will guide you through each step of your home-buying journey. It’s our job to ensure you get answers to every question, understand every option, and feel confident with your borrowing decision.
- Competitive rates. As a member-owned credit union, we pass profits back to our members in the form of better rates. We’re committed to offering our service members competitive rates on our VA Mortgages.
- Active duty service members, veterans, or a spouse of an active duty service member with a valid Certificate of Eligibility2.
- Current or former activated or non-activated National Guard or Reservist
- Surviving spouse of a Veteran
Let’s get started.
We are honored to be able to give back to our service members. Apply now online, or contact us today.
With state-of-the-art financial centers all throughout Maryland, 50,000+ free ATMs nationwide, and a full range of banking services, there are so many reasons to love SECU.
Here are some helpful calculators to assist in making your plan. (Links open in new window)
1 Must have valid Certificate of Eligibility
2 Veterans may need their discharge papers (DD214) and/or a Statement of Service to apply for their Certificate of Eligibility. Visit the VA website here to apply for your Certificate of Eligibility