It's easier than you think!
You don't have to be a state employee to join. Eligibility is typically based on your affiliation (current or past) with a Maryland employer, agency or organization (such as a state university or labor union), or by being related to someone who is eligible.
You are a SECU member for life, as long as you maintain at least a $10 balance in your Share Savings Account - even if you change jobs or move away. Our online application takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Employers: Want to offer the benefits of SECU membership to your employees? Visit our Bank At Work page for details and the benefits of enrolling your organization.
- Employees of Bank at Work partner companies located within a twenty mile radius of a SECU branch
- Employees of organizations located in Maryland that receive federal, state or local funding
- Alumni, full and part-time students, faculty and staff of University System of Maryland Schools
- Maryland State Employees; full and part-time, permanent, contractual, former and retired
- Past and present employees of any labor union representing state or other employees
- Anne Arundel County employees