How to use your SECU Visa® chip card
When you use your new card at a chip-enabled terminal, the embedded chip generates a unique transaction code that is shared with the merchant, instead of your card information. This makes it difficult to copy the card.
Your SECU Visa credit and debit card provides the highest levels of protection with 24-hour fraud monitoring and Zero Liability Fraud Protection.*
If your card or card number is ever lost or stolen, you will not be responsible for fraudulent charges on your account if you notify us promptly of any unauthorized use.*
It's easy to use your chip card!
How to pay using a chip-enabled terminal
- Insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up.
- Keep your card in the terminal and follow the prompts on screen.
- The chip card still has a magnetic stripe, just in case you need to use it with a traditional terminal.
How to use your card at a chip-enabled ATM
- When using your card at a chip-enabled ATM, you may be asked to insert your card a second time into the ATM, or your card may be retained by the machine until the transaction has completed.
- Follow instructions on the ATM screen to complete your transaction.
- Don't forget to take your card when you are done.
- Insert instead of swipe
- Card stays in the terminal throughout transaction
- Remember to remove your card from the terminal when transaction is complete
See how it works
Get big protection in a tiny chip.
See how easy it is to use your chip card and how it gives added security to your SECU Visa cards.