Mortgage Assistance

Struggling with payments? We will work with you to find a solution.

If you are struggling to stay current on your outstanding loan(s), we might be able to help. To be eligible for SECU's loss mitigation program, your loan must be secured as a mortgage or home equity loan/line, and must be serviced by SECU.

To apply for assistance, please review and complete the following documents:

In addition to completing the above forms, please include all information requested below. Ensure you sign and date page four of the Uniform Borrower Assistance Form.

- Hardship letter   - Signed IRS Form 4506T
- Two most recent pay stubs   - P&L statements (for self-employed)
- Two most recent W-2s   - Utility bill to verify residency
- Two most recent tax returns  

You must include all information requested as incomplete requests cannot be processed.

For questions, please contact SECU's Loss Mitigation Team at 1-800-879-7328, option 2, then option 2 again.

For assistance from a HUD-approved housing counselor, call the Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline at 888-995-HOPE.

Learn about HUD's Foreclosure Avoidance Counseling

SECU members are also eligible for free telephone housing counseling from Accel Financial Counseling.



Error Resolution and Information Requests

You have certain rights under Federal law related to resolving errors and requesting information about your loan account. In order to provide us with notice of an error on your loan account, or to request information about your loan account, please send us a written notice that contains (i) your name, (ii) your loan account number, and (iii) information concerning the error you believe has occurred or the information you are requesting about your loan. This written notice must be sent to the following address: SECU P.O. Box 2092, Glen Burnie, MD 21060.