Our most popular account: best for members who SECU for their primary checking relationship.
All the benefits of a SECU relationship plus:
Open an account
- Pays interest
- No fee for foreign ATM withdrawals
- Monthly fee of $7.00 waived with either of the following:
- Direct Deposit and Online Statements OR
- Maintain a $1,000 average monthly combined deposit and loan balance*
* Nearly all your SECU deposit and loan balances are considered when determining the Relationship Rewards minimum balance. SECU calculates combined balances based on the average balance you had in a deposit account during your statement period and your outstanding loan balances. For Visa credit card, Home Equity Line of Credit and Preferred Line of Credit, rewards are based on your balance, not the amount of your credit line. If you fall below the minimum combined balance, a monthly fee will be assessed unless you have SECU Preferred Services. "Active Bill Pay use" means making at least one electronic payment using SECU's Bill Pay service every 60 days. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Deposits federally insured by NCUA.
** Loans subject to credit approval. Interest rate discounts apply when monthly payments are deducted automatically from a SECU checking account. If the account is closed or if the automatic payment is cancelled at any time after the account is opened, the rate will increase.