Practice ATM Safety
Please follow these safety precautions, particularly if you are using an ATM at night:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If the ATM area is not well lit or you feel uncomfortable, don't use it.
- If you have started a transaction and notice something suspicious, cancel the transaction and take your card.
- Whenever possible, take a companion along when using an ATM. Place your cash in your pocket or purse as soon as your transaction is complete.
- Count your cash in the safety of a locked car or at home.
Follow these safety tips to protect your ATM accessible accounts:
- Stand between the ATM and anyone waiting to use the terminal so that others cannot see you enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or transaction amount.
- Keep your "secret code" a secret. Do not share your PIN with anyone.
- Do not write your PIN on your ATM Card or store it with the card.
- Never give your PIN to anyone over the phone.
- For your safety, SECU only prints the last four digits of your card number on your ATM receipt. However, we still encourage you to take your receipts and check them against your monthly statement to prevent ATM fraud.
If you are a victim of ATM crime:
- Report a lost or stolen card at once. Call SECU at 410-487-7328 or 800-879-7328 and speak to a Member Service Representative. For TDD, call 410-487-3709 or 888-833-7328. After business hours, call and select the option for lost or stolen ATM Cards.
- Immediately report all crimes to local law officials and to the institution that operates the ATM.