Your credit report and credit score play a huge role in your ability to borrow.
Consumer advocates have also long encouraged individuals to monitor their credit reports.
One free credit report per year is available to you through a combined effort of the three national credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). Free reports are available through a dedicated web site, annualcreditreport.com.
You can also order your free credit report by telephone at 877-322-8228 or by mail - download the form here.
Important reminder: Your free credit report does not include your credit score. Your credit score is typically available for a fee.
Discrepancies and disputes
To submit a direct credit dispute of the accuracy of information SECU furnished to a credit reporting agency, please submit the following documentation to us:
A dispute notice must include:
- A written letter containing an explanation of the specific information you are disputing and the basis for the dispute
- The account number related to the information you are disputing
- A copy of the credit report which references the SECU reported information that you believe to be incorrect
- Your telephone number
- Your name and mailing address
- A copy of your account statement, if available
- A copy of your police report (for suspected fraud or identity theft only)
- A completed and signed Identity Theft Affidavit (for suspected fraud or identity theft only)
- A copy of a court order, if applicable
- Any additional supporting documentation you would like for us to review, if applicable
Please submit your dispute and the information listed above to us at:
SECU Credit Union
Attn: Risk Management Department
971 Corporate Blvd
Linthicum, MD 21090
After receiving your complete credit dispute notice containing the above information, we will:
- Conduct a reasonable investigation with respect to the disputed information
- Review all relevant information you provided with the dispute notice
- Complete our investigation of the dispute and report the results of the investigation to you, and
- If the investigation finds that the information reported was inaccurate, we shall promptly notify each consumer reporting agency to which we provided inaccurate information of that determination and provide to the consumer reporting agency any correction to that information that is necessary to ensure that the information on your credit report is accurate.
SECU is not responsible for the content or availability of linked sites. Please be advised that SECU does not represent either the third party or you, the member, if you enter into a transaction. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked sites may differ from those practiced by SECU. Please consult the privacy disclosures on this site for further information. Complaints or concerns about this site should be directed to email@example.com.