SECU & You
The Eight Steps to Home Ownership
The signs are everywhere…literally! Real estate For Sale signs can be found on every street corner, which means the spring home-buying season is in full swing. If you are dreaming of buying your first home or are ready to move on to your next one, it is important to be prepared.
Buying a home is an exciting experience, but it can also be stressful. Here are eight steps you should take if you are ready to find your dream house.
Finding the Right Mortgage for You
Fixed rate, 100% financing, jumbo loans…how do you know which mortgage is the right one for you? As a member-owned credit union, SECU takes the time to understand your unique situation and offer the right mortgage solution to get you into your dream house. We offer a simple approach to mortgages with great low rates and flexible financing options including:
- 100% Financing
- Fixed and Adjustable Rate
- Jumbo Loans
- M.D. Loans for Medical Professionals
- Refinancing Solutions
Not sure where to start? Check out SECU’s Home Advantage program, where you can find a Realtor, learn more about our Title services, set up a search for your perfect property, and earn rewards that can be used to help with closing costs. You can also get more details about all of our mortgage solutions.
Our Mortgage Lending Officers are available to answer any questions you may have. They understand the local market, and will help you every step of the way. Let SECU be your partner on your path to buying your new home.
In Other News
- SECU will donate nearly $11,000 to the University of Maryland Children’s Hospital through its Goals for Kids program in partnership with the Baltimore Blast.
- SECU members turned out for the Annual Meeting on April 25, where they learned about the healthy state of their credit union and heard a review of 2017 achievements.
- Please note that the payment address for SECU's credit card payments is changing to PO Box 4521, Carol Stream, IL 60197-4521 in June. If you use a bill pay service, please be sure to notify and update the address. For mailed payments, please always include your statement coupon for faster service. You can also now make your SECU credit card payments electronically through the new online and mobile banking platform.