Preparing For Hurricane Florence
As we track the path of Hurricane Florence, now is a great time to go over emergency plans with your family. While the storm will have the greatest impact south of Maryland, we encourage all of you to be prepared for potential damaging effects caused by high winds and heavy rains, including widespread flooding and extended power outages.
- Stock up on batteries for flashlights
- Have a three-day supply of food and water for everyone living in your house
- Fill your gas tank
- Gather important documents and place them in a plastic bag or container
- Have cash on-hand for emergencies
- Fully charge your electronic devices; invest in a battery-operated charger
Visit ready.gov for more information on building an emergency kit.
You should also take steps to ensure you have easy access to your finances and financial information. SECU’s online and mobile banking platform allows you to perform many financial transactions from the safety of your home.
- Download our mobile app and familiarize yourself with it
- Log-in to online and mobile banking to ensure you remember your ID and password.
- Fully charge your devices; invest in a battery-operated charger.
- Update your contact information so we can reach you with any important updates.
- Check secumd.org for any branch closure information before heading out.
SECU is not responsible for the content or availability of linked sites. Please be advised that SECU does not represent either the third party or you, the member, if you enter into a transaction. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked sites may differ from those practiced by SECU. Please consult the privacy disclosures on this site for further information. Complaints or concerns about this site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.